Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Minnesota

So, I've lived in Minnesota now for approximately 8 months. The time, though, seems to have gone by slowly. Winter has set in for what seems like eternity, and I'm not a fan of winter. Growing up in North Carolina, we didn't really have winter--at least all that much. Nowadays it seems like they're getting dumped as much as we are. Ah, so much for global warming.

Anyway, about Minnesota.. I'm lonely here. Even after 8 months, I still haven't really befriended a lot of people. And the people I am friends with are all college students with my husband, so they're busy all the time--just like he is. I spend my days off of work at home. Honestly, I don't know much else to do around here. I could explore, but any exploring nowadays costs money and we're trying to save money in hopes of buying a new car soon. I've been thinking about volunteering. Organizations always need volunteers. But then I figured out something: I'm lazy. Seriously, I'm really lazy. It's pathetic, actually. But I know I need to do it. Amanda and I hang out a lot, but she's married now, she's a full-time student, and she has a job. With all that goin' on, there's not much time left over for anything else. I don't blame her, or anyone else, though, for constantly being busy. Thus is life. I reckon I should get used to it, eh? Eventually my husband will be a youth pastor and then he swears that he'll be even more busy then he is now. Goodness, I hope that's not the case. I feel like we never see each other now. I love him, though, and cherish the moments we do have together, as few and far between as they may be.

Also, I've revived my desire to return to school, though for financial reasons cannot go back at this present time. One of us has to work full-time, and with Jeremy being a full-time college student, that plate has landed in my lap. When I do return, however, I've figured out what I want to do (or at least I think I have). I want to learn ASL (American Sign Language) and I want to translate. I think it'd be a wonderful job and there aren't enough ASL translators around anymore. I believe it would be a blessing, really. I think it's a beautiful "language".

Jeremy and I just "celebrated" (though not really) six months of marriage together! It blows my mind how quickly these six months have gone by. When had only been dating for six months when we got engaged, and that seems like it was so much longer! And we were only engaged for eight months, so we've been married almost as long as we were engaged. It's been so blessed, too. He's so wonderful to me. I am sincerely thankful for such a wonderful man to call my husband. I fall more in love with him each and every day. I cherish him. xoxo

Also, I'm going to Haiti in March! That's about the only exciting news going on in my life at the moment. After the 7.0 earthquake that struck them on January 12th, I felt a need (and a calling) to do something besides donating clothes or money. When the opportunity to go with a group from Northern Minnesota presented itself, I quickly jumped on board. I'm in the process of raising support, which the Lord is so graciously providing, and I'm preparing to go. Unfortunately, Jeremy won't be going with me. :( I'll be gone for a week, and while I'm not quite sure what we'll be doing there yet, I know it'll be life-changing for many people. The Lord, I'm sure, is going to work through us as He always does. I believe He is going to use us as instruments to share with the lost in Haiti. It's such an exciting opportunity.

I've just written a novel here...

No comments:

Post a Comment