Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Goals for 2010

I've never been a fan of making new year's resolutions. I've always thought they were over rated. Who really keeps them anyway? Most people give up a few weeks into the new year. Instead, I have decided to make goals for myself--ones that I believe are actually worth pursuing and achievable. I figured with the new decade should come a new Toni. Anyway, here they are:

-I want to become a woman after God's own heart.
-I want to believe, without a doubt, that God is just beyond anything and everything.
-I want to become a better wife to Jeremy in every way possible.
-I want to deepen my relationship with my sister and my parents. Being so far away causes barriers at times; I want to break them down.
-I want to learn to accept the things I cannot change about myself.
- I want to learn to accept the things I cannot change.
- I will learn a lot more Sign Language (and retain it) and start actively pursuing a degree in ASL.
- I want to go somewhere new (anywhere).
- I want to start to learn Spanish.
- I want to be an even better nanny to Mateo, Julia, and Nico. Those kids are so great!
- Become more patient.
- I don't want to get pregnant--yet! :)
- I want to start climbing trees again. It's been too long.
- I want to make a new friend--one that will last a lifetime.
- I want to teach myself to be more creative.
- I want to go to the beach (the ocean, that is).
- I want to become the best photographer I can be. I have a lot of practicing to do before June.
- I want to be a small group leader that makes a difference in my girls' lives.
- I want to drop two jeans sizes and/or lose 15 lbs. Both would be fabulous!
- I want to go camping.
- I'm going to learn to not be so awkward around people that I am trying to get to know.
- I want to buy a pair of TOMS shoes.
- Write a song.
- I want to be brave enough to sing in front of my husband. Seriously..
- Plan a trip to see Sequoia National Park, maybe for next year!
- I want to forget about the past and focus on my future. I tend to reminise too often.
- Take advantage of winter, even if I hate it.
- Volunteer with the Salvation Army and/or World Vision.
- I need to learn to cook. I'll add more as I think of 'em.
- I won't cut my hair at all this year unless it's to trim it. I want to grow it out and donate it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment