Friday, June 25, 2010

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

I've sitting here wondering if it's really worth conjuring up an opener that really catches people's attention. I figure, well, if people are gonna read my blog, they're gonna read it whether the opener is any good or not. Let's hope so anyway...

I'm sitting here watching Nico battle with a shoe at the moment. I do believe the shoe is winning, unfortunatley for Nico. It's funny to watch, though.
So Jeremy has been gone for a few days on a white water rafting trip with the youth group. I couldn't get off work to go, so I've been stuck here. But it's good. I enjoy my job. The kids are wonderful! But it doesn't change the fact that I miss him greatly and hate when he leaves. Things seem to be going a lot better for us lately. We were going through a rough patch there for a while. We just seemed to have trouble connecting in the right ways and everything seemed to be a mess. It's amazing how much better things seem to be, though, when we're focused on the right things (Christ). It's been a powerful tool in our marriage as of late. We're slow starters, I guess you could say. I can't believe it's been almost year since we got married. We were always told that the first year of marriage flies by, but I don't think we expected this. It's been such an awesome journey; we look forward to the many years ahead.


You know, it just seems like my head has been full to the brim lately. Everything, yet nothing, seems to captivate me. Does that even make sense? I have so many things that I want to do that I don't even know where to begin. Any suggestions? I need to take advantage of my free time because I don't do that right now. Life is just seems too busy, so when I get a free moment, I use it to be lazy. It's NOT a habit I want to get into.


So I've decided that I definitely want to move to Haiti, though my sweet doesn't feel the same way. I keep tellin' myself that there's gotta be a reason for my deep love for that particular country. Sure, I've been overseas before (Russia, South Korea, Brazil), but never have I felt this way about such a place. It's captivated my heart, and I so badly want to be among the Haitian people. It's almost as if I'm actually there when I close my eyes. We've all heard that saying that God has a plan for us all, and I believe it. My problem is that I'm impatient. I don't want to WAIT around for what He has for us. I wanna get movin'. However, I'm learning that that's not how it works, which is probably best all around. It's just hard waitin' around, 'ya know? Yes, we're actively doing things for the ministry while we're waiting for our next move. And yes, we're willing to wait was long as necessary, but that does not by any means make it easier.
By and by, life is good and we are blessed. We're healthy (for the most part), we have a roof over our heads, cars to drive, and food to eat. We have good-paying jobs that we love and we have each other. What more could we ask for?









No comments:

Post a Comment